Breese family visit
Due to an administrative issue we only hosted Charlie (Breezy’s younger Brother) and Liv (his daughter). If all four who planned to visit, had made it out, the fridge would have struggled to keep up with demand for nourishment and refreshment. As it was, we ran out of rose wine on the last night and had to resort to Muscat as a digestive.
Apart from moving the cars off the car parking area so we could use it as a boules pitch, we didn’t drive anywhere and based ourselves at the barn. Temperatures soared to 35 degrees and the plunge pool in the river saw considerable action. In between feeding, drinking and dunks in the Salat we:
- Took a stroll up the valley and round the back of the barn to get the lay of the land.
- Learnt a new version of the dice game from Charlie and Livs
- Edged the pathway to the gable end with long logs
- Re-edged a flower bed with left over logs
- Threw some knives at a home made target
- Took the tree-house platform down and salvaged what was reusable
- Star gazed on the helipad where Liv saw her first shooting stars
- Played cribbage, Liv’s won.
- Played Carom
- Chopped down a tree to make some legs for a log hive
- Devoured a catering size pack of coco pops (well, Liv did)
Thanks for coming, all the help, great banter, games and much needed catch up and we will look forward to seeing Becs and Betsy out here next year with you.
Enjoy Bergerac with all of Bec’s famille. A bientot!