Woke up to rain so we spent the first hour or so sorting out more papers and Al doing a bit of work for Unique Solutions.
Then we headed up the road for a very productive day. It was still raining so we opted to start on the massive job of digging out the main building of years of straw, compost and everything else! Quite hard work uncovering some large stones as well which needed shifting as well as a few large old rafters. We had made a good indentation by lunch.
The bonfire was roaring today and the pile is going down rapidly, which is great, tidying the place up a little bit.
We also continued with the never ending process of shifting slate from the lower outhouse to the top terrace and then grading it. Hoping that if we do a bit a day it won’t become too much of a chore.
By the end of the day I think we had cleared about 1/6th of the main area, halved the wood pile and over the half way mark with the slate so not a bad day.